Business Start Ups
As accountants we have wide industry and local knowledge and expertise to help with a new business venture, from simple start up information on registration procedures to help with business plans, grants and advice on raising finance.
Bookkeeping services include simple data entry, preparation of VAT returns, management accounts and payroll processing. We can maintain the records for your business or be there in a supportive roll offering guidance and assistance when needed.
Whether your accounting records are delivered in paper bags or a computer back up on a memory stick, we can turn these into the finished products required by HMRC and Companies House. But it doesn't stop there. We take time to think about the information in front of us, to investigate and report back any issues identified, to interpret and explain the accounts and to make suggestions as to how business profitability and record keeping could be improved.
- Advice on registration and de-registration for VAT
- Advice on the different types of VAT schemes and selection of the best one for you
- Preparation of VAT returns on your behalf
- Assistance with and review of VAT returns prepared by you
- Assistance during VAT inspections
- Assistance completing your online VAT return and registration
- Processing of your payroll at an agreed frequency
- Advising you of the net payments due to employees
- Advising you of the tax and national insurance payable to HMRC
- Preparation of employee payslips
- Preparation of all related payroll forms
- Administration of statutory sick and statutory maternity pay
- Assistance during PAYE audits by HMRC
Business and Personal Tax
At Foubister & Bain we take pleasure in taking care of the following:
- Completion of your corporation tax/income tax self assessment tax return and submission to HMRC
- Calculation of your tax liability and advising you of the due dates of payment
- Making all available claims and elections on your behalf
- Checking and agreeing HMRC correspondence, statements of account and coding notices
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with tax authorities, if required.
- Identification of tax opportunities and reliefs
We work closely with our clients to fully understand their needs. We provide an annual review of your tax position and give advice to ensure that you will never pay more tax than the amount legitimately due.
Growing your Business
If your business is starting out or developing we can help with projected accounts or business plans for raising finance and financial planning.
As registered auditors we can also act for you if your company goes over audit thresholds and requires a statutory audit. Locally this is less common, but we feel that we should continue to cover this service aspect for clients.